Re: [ARSCLIST] message board vs. listserv

In a message dated 12/12/2005 9:02:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
angie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Here's a vote for a message board!

Threads on Message boards *are* easier to follow. You can skip threads
that don't interest you.  And there's no more cleaning out the inbox (or
  assigned inbox folder).
**************

Perhaps a message board could be placed on the main ARSC web page as is done
on http://www.antiquewireless.org/index.htm.

It gets much less traffic than some of the lists associated with the
orgaization but does serve a useful purpose and attracts new members.

As to the objections to lists, on AOL and most other email services, mail can
be sorted by subject and deleting unread mail is just a couple of mouse
clicks.

I find it hard to navigate the message boards I've seen, though the formats
vary.

Mike Csontos