Re: [ARSCLIST] Cleaning fluid, brushes, etc.

We have also been using the same:

"Disk Doctor fluids and Duane Goldman's brushes for all
jobs"

for over five years at Family Theater with excellent results. This includes 1080 (540X2 - two 15 minute transcriptions per show) 16 and 17 inch "acetates" plus selected LPs and 78s. Sometimes, I've done a second cleaning on disks that had heavy concentrations of palmitic acid, and playing the disk a few times helps produce a finalized clean surface.

We should mention that Duane is a chemist, so he has extensive background in the chemistry of these various elements and recording bases and their interaction.

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions

Joav Shdema wrote:

I am using the Disk Doctor fluids and Duane Goldman's  brushes for all
jobs. From 78's to standard LPs.

It gets the job done nicely and at the right price.

Joav Shdema
Producer/Engineer
Joav Shdema Inc.
dB Recording Studios Inc.