Re: [ARSCLIST] unknown celluloid cylinder

At 12:40 PM 9/9/2005, you wrote:

I have a celluloid (or some type of plastic) cylinder that I can't identify. Perhaps somebody here can help. It is a standard-sized, two-minute cylinder with a cardboard core with a metal ring at the beginning of the cylinder with a thin layer of black celluloid over the top. The bottom of the celluloid layer appears blue. There is no celluloid lip on either end and no writing on the cylinder. The cylinder wall itself is quite a bit thinner than a typical cylinder and is not tapered. The cylinder is not announced, but the pop song is "When I get you alone tonight."

This is probably 4 minute Indestructible 3266 by Walter Van Brunt.

I have found several Indestructible cylinders that are missing the title rim. They sometimes crack and fall off, leaving a cylinder just as you describe.

Kurt & Diane Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389