Re: [ARSCLIST] [AMPEX] Loss of Lubricant and A- and B-winds

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, David Lennick wrote:

> Anyone ever heard a dub made from a squealy tape? In the old days of trading
> vintage radio programs, this would often be a problem (especially when the
> original dubber's hearing rolled off below the level of the squeal).

"When I was a kid..." and started trading tapes of broadcast performances
this was something I encountered frequently. I got to the point of
borrowing the originals to make my own dubs. I have been able to replace
most of them, sans squeal...except for...does anyone out there have a
squeal free stereo copy of the Philadelphia orchestra broadcast of the
Sowerby C major organ concerto with Biggs and Ormandy?

Karl