From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Seubert
Sent: 09 September 2005 19:41
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] unknown celluloid cylinder

I have a celluloid (or some type of plastic) cylinder that I can't
identify. Perhaps somebody here can help. It is a standard-sized,
two-minute cylinder with a cardboard core with a metal ring at the
beginning of the cylinder with a thin layer of black celluloid over the
top. The bottom of the celluloid layer appears blue. There is no
celluloid lip on either end and no writing on the cylinder. The cylinder

wall itself is quite a bit thinner than a typical cylinder and is not
tapered. The cylinder is not announced, but the pop song is "When I get
you alone tonight."

Any ideas?

David

--
David Seubert, Curator
Performing Arts Collection

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The Library's St Pancras site is WiFI - enabled

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@xxxxx : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.