Sounding now...

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Nov 9, 2005, at 11:04 AM, Robert Hodge wrote:

That could be...... Did you ever heard of a squeaky whale ???

baileen out for now.

RH

smolians@xxxxxxxxx 11/9/2005 11:46 AM >>>
Now if we could only get the oil from whale's noses....

Stev Smolian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lou Judson" <inaudio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Squealing Scotch 996

Nose grease is (or was) also the best lube for Revox A700 brakes - once a month and they never squealed. It's not sweat or "perspiration" or "glow" but skin oil. Human skin. Rumor has it that the stopping of whale oil was the reason for all the tape problems from the late 70s on...

<L>

Lou Judson * Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689