Re: [ARSCLIST] MGM Classics, was [ARSCLIST] Disaster recovery- LPs

Tom Fine wrote:

> I believe the MGM Classics catalog may be owned by Universal. Universal owns
> Verve, which was bought by MGM in the early 60s, so I'm guessing the
> forefather of Universal (Polygram/Philips) bought all of MGM's record
> business at some point.
>
> -- Tom Fine

Which of course doesn't mean that Universal inherited the master tapes, since
those had been out of print since the late 50s..even the blue jacket reissues in
the 60s were pressed from old stampers. MGM trashed much of its record division.

dl