Re: [ARSCLIST] Reducing soundcard/circuit noise

Dear Diederick,

We're glad you've got something that finally works for you, but just for any of us who might be considering going the USB route, what we're the installation problems you encountered/solved?

Rod Stephens

D. Basson wrote:

Dear All

As you all know by now, I sold the Terratec and bought the Tascam US-122 USB
audio interface.  One of the reasons for buying the Tascam, apart from
apparent good results obtained with it, is after-service.  Down here, at the
southern part of Africa, one has to take that into consideration.

After having some problems getting the unit to work under Windows XP, I
finally got it started and am very happy with its performance.  The sound is
much cleaner (compared to the Terratec) and operating the unit extremely
simple - literally plug and play.  As I don't do professional LP transfers,
the unit fulfills my needs and I can really recommend it.

Kind regards,

Diederick Basson