From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dan Kj-
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 4:07 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Wax on 78 rpm records

I used 'lemony' spray polish on some of my Pathe records, long ago.  It did
seem to reduce surface noise a little ( subjective assessment) & also made
the dull, black Pathe paper labels look pretty.  About 10 years later, none
of them appear to have any damage.  One danger, though:  when I set one
'waxed' disc onto another one in a pile, they tend to ZIP right across each
other!    Some Windex on a cloth should remove the wax. (Yes, I've used
Windex & see no damage at all)