Re: [ARSCLIST] Mitsubishi 2-track digital formats, compatibility, etc.

Richard,

We do multitrack PD transfers (X-800/850/880), really haven't seen many 2-track PD reels in the vaults.

I'll keep my eyes open, if I see any PD 2-tracks that still have the DIF cards I'll pass the information along to you.

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be, my tech isn't in the office today), I think Otari made the transports for the PD machines (at least the multitracks). Once the DASH-48 track was introduced, it was all downhill from there.

Someone once made a comment that "an engineer will always need one more track than he/ she has". So you can see that it was easy for someone to go from working on a 32-track multitrack to a 48-track - heck, that's 16 more tracks we can fill up!

John

John Spencer
www.bridgemediasolutions.com