[ARSCLIST] Any feedback on the status of Hogan Archive at Tulane University (in New Orleans)

From: http://www.artsjournal.com/aboutlastnight/archives20050828.shtml#102347

Further down the blog author, Terry Teachout, writes:

"A question to anyone in the New Orleans area who is familiar with the situation
on the ground: is anything known about the condition of the Hogan Archive at
Tulane University? This is one of the most important collections of primary-source
jazz documentation in the world, and I'm starting to get questions about it from
scholars. Has it survived the flood, and if so, in what condition?"

This only strengthens my view that the #1 priority for archives of
unique materials should be to digitize them -- and if possible make the
digital copies *publicly available* so they can be mirrored in various
digital archives worldwide (as the Internet Archive does.)

Jon Noring