Re: [ARSCLIST] Reel-to-Reel Tape Flange Supplier Needed

Steven Lucht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work at the Archives of the Episcopal Church.  We have dozens of pancakes
> of tape (no flanges).  Could you recommend me to a good supplier where I can
> get some flanges or empty reels.
>
> Thank you,
> Steve Lucht

If you want 7-inch reels, I know of a few people who have hundreds of them, if
they haven't tossed them..I regularly turn down offers of empty 7" reels
(although I don't turn down empty 7" boxes, since I need to replace a few
hundred that are getting moldy). As for 10-inchers, a number of years ago it was
noticed that the metal value in them was high and a lot were sold to recyclers.
There used to be hundreds of them cluttering up the hallways of the CBC, maybe
15 years ago.

dl