[ARSCLIST] Storing broken 16-inch glass acetates

I have some 16-inch broken glass acetates - not cracked, but broken cleanly
into 2-3 large pieces each.

While working on them, I sandwich them between two ultra-flat (semiconductor
wafer precision) acrylic plates when moving/handling them.  When playing or
cleaning, I simply remove one of the two plates.  I keep a spindle pin
through the plates and disc to further prevent movement.  This works very
well for handling, cleaning and transfer.

Once transferred, the question is how to store them.  They were originally
stored in paper envelopes with two layers of cardboard on either side, and
then wrapped in bubble wrap.  But the pieces can still move around relative
to each other or worse, slip and stack.  I could use tape around the
cardboard to apply enough pressure to keep the pieces from sliding around
too much or stacking, but any kind of pressure can potentially cause
imprinting over an extended period of time (the interior of the envelopes do
not have any seams, so perhaps imprinting is a non-issue?).  I thought of
perhaps taping the pieces together (some kind of low-adhesion archival
tape?) to keep the record semi-whole when in storage, but sticking anything
to an acetate laminate seems like a bad idea.

What do you do at your archive or with your collection?

Eric Jacobs
The Audio Archve