From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Richter
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:36 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] More on cataloging

Karl Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, John Ross wrote:

> I am thinking of the tracks on the disc not used for audio.

Any data track on a CD means that the disc is not a true CD-DA. Whether
it is Mixed Mode, Enhanced CD, CD Extra or strictly a (data) CD-ROM is a
question of the tracks, their contents and their layout.

Yes, this was covered in several previous replies, but the message needs
to be clear and unequivocal. If other than redbook audio is to be
recorded, the disc must have a data track. In that event, whatever data
files are desired may be included. Of course, standardization of content
and form for any such data track is highly desirable.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/