[ARSCLIST] Matrix number abbreviation help

I'm working on a 3-record album of commercially produced records of the One Man's Family radio show, and it has virtually no information imprinted on the album cover or record labels.  One thing I do have is matrix numbers - which I know little about, since most of our records are transcription discs, not commercial discs.  The numbers all include SUN - and I'm hoping that this relates to the recording company.  However, none of the books I have show this abbreviation.

each side has two numbers etched into the surface for example:
A-6458           (etched very lightly, hard to read)
SUN-148 A     (etched deeply)
The shorter number is always preceeded by an A, and the SUN number is always followed by an A.

The album was sold in 1947, according to a fan website (which ties in, the last radio broadcast included was from 1946).

Can anyone tell me anything about the matrix numbers?

Thanks,
Jeanette

Jeanette Berard, MLS, CA
Special Collections Librarian