Re: [ARSCLIST] More on cataloging

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Steven Smolian wrote:

> Given present technology, some of this- label varieties, for instance, can
> be attached to the catalog record.  This could apply to anything
> photographicable and which doesn't require searching on the data.  This
> could simplify the data input.

Am I understanding correctly that you are suggesting that an image of the
disc label, and perhaps the run off grooves, with matrix number visable,
could be part of the catalog record?

If so, what would then be the minimal amount of information that would
need to be keyed into a system? With shellac...would Rigler Deutsch be
enough?

I also wonder about the source for digital files...broadcasts discs that
are line checks, versus off air, versus recuttings, etc...might that
suffice?

Karl