[ARSCLIST] Requesting assistance with visit to DC this fall

[Sending for Dave Kesner <dkesner@xxxxxxxx>]

Greetings fellow music / audio folk,

In conjunction with attending the AES convention in NYC this October,  I'll
also be heading to Washington to hopefully tour audio preservation
facilities at LOC and / or Smithsonian.
I've been in contact with Sarah Stauderman and Sam Brylawski (whom I've met
at previous audio preservation conferences), and they suggested I post this
on the ARSC listserv in hopes that some of you fine people would put me in
touch with colleagues at these institutions for a brief tour.  Thanks in
advance for any assistance or advice you can offer.

Somewhat related; as its been years since I've been in DC, if anyone has
suggestions for accomodations in a central & safe part of the city, I'd
appreciate learning more.

Thanks much,

Dave

Dave Kesner Recording Engineer UCSD Music Library 9500 Gilman Dr. 0175Q La Jolla, CA 92093 858 534-1268 (office) 858 534-0189 (fax) dkesner@xxxxxxxx

Ken Calkins
Music Librarian - University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive #0175Q
La Jolla, CA 92093 -0175
voice: 858-534-1267
fax: 858-534-0189