Re: [ARSCLIST] identifying acetate substrates

Apparently World Broadcasting System was using a dark red translucent material
in
the mid 30s that is different from the material they used in the 40s (which can
be
brighter red or very dark red, almost black, similar to what they used when
they
pressed Decca's "Deccalite" 78s in the mid-to-late 40s) and which has a
somewhat
vinegary smell. I've heard about these but haven't run across any. These are
pressings, definitely not glass.

dl