[ARSCLIST] Alert

There are people on eBay selling what proports to be original alignment tapes which are dubs and therefore of dubious accuracy.  I'm in the midst of a diffrerence of opinion with one of them now who offers an 8 track alignment tape for the cartridge machine without even mentioning it is a dub.  A while ago, someone was auctioning acknowledged dubs of a reel-to-reel 7.5" tape.

In adition, there is the inteteresting question of copyright.  The announcer's voice, should there be one, is clearly the property of the company making the original product.  As to the design and sequence of the test tones....

Anyway, I thought the issue worth bringing to the list's attention.

Steven Smolian