Re: [ARSCLIST] 2GB limit for audio file formats

Eric Jacobs:

> Exactly - this is what I've been proposing all along!

Yes, but my argument has to do with how the click detect algorithm
works. It all depends on how it detects the clicks and since there are
many different schemes out there it may not mean a thing.

I was just talking to a colleague, Stefan Lindstrom SSR AB. He´s just
finished the 6th volume of Jussi Bjorling 78 transfers for Naxos.

Stefan Lindstrom is a very old friend since 30 years back and he´s got
almost anything ever made in the restoration buisness at his place some
130 kilometers from where I sit.

He´s also as fond of the Sonic Solutions NoNoise system as is I.

He claims that Ulrich of Algorithmix in personal communication feels
that the above 20 kHz information isn´t needed by the Algorithmic
declicker.

Instead he, Ulrich, feels that the garbage above 20 kHz may cause more
problems for the wanted audio than getting rid of it as early as
possible by the 20 kHz brickwall at 44.1 kHz sampling.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther