Re: [ARSCLIST] 2GB limit for audio file formats

I apologize for any misunderstanding.

The higher sampling rate does not remove any noise at all.
In fact it captures MORE noise - noise that you cannot hear
with your ears, but that a well-designed DSP algorithm CAN
"hear".

Because the DSP algorithm can hear the noise better, it can
also remove the noise better.  The NOISE signal does not
look like an AUDIO signal when captured correctly.  Because
the noise signal does not look like the audio signal, you
can remove the noise better without affecting the audio
signal.

If you use lower sampling rates and transducers (cartridges)
with 20 kHz bandwidth, the NOISE and AUDIO signals look
almost the same - so as you try to remove more noise, you
also end up removing some signal at the same time.

Our equipment is state-of-the-art, borrowing from industries
ranging from biotechnology (cleaning solutions for organic
media) to nanotechnology (vibration isolation and microscopy).
We even have deployed semiconductor cleanroom equipment for
some processes.  Our studio is a cross between an audio lab
and a physics lab.

At The Audio Archive, we have performed countless experiments
and developed unique equipment and processes that allow us
to remove more noise and preserve more audio signal.  We
would be happy to demonstrate our ability to remove noise
from your recordings so that you can see just how well our
unique processes work, and the benefits of using high
resolution transducers together with high sample rates.

Eric Jacobs
The Audio Archive