Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright wrongs: we can't let the music industry suits stifle creativity

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Mike Richter wrote:

> IIRC, there is a recent European decision which holds that any such change
> of form - e.g. from LP to CD - does not establish a new work. Issues such
> as pitch correction and cleanup are irrelevant, I'm afraid; the question is
> how much novelty makes a release "new".

And then, even if you were the company that issued the recording on
LP and now wants to now issue it on CD, might be forced to renegotiate
with the musicians since the CD format may not have been anticipated at
the time you negotiated your contract.

Karl