Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright wrongs: we can't let the music industry suits stifle creativity

dl wrote:
> Steven Smolian wrote:

>> How copyrightable is a 78 to CD transfer which corrects pitch, especially if
>> the rights holder has not done so accurately?

> If nothing else, that enables you to prove that your issue and the "original"
> (or reissue) aren't the same..although if rights holders can't hear pitch
> differences, not too many jurors will either. Only us.

My initial thoughts, based on my lay understanding, is that a court
might rule this as a "sweat of the brow" activity (and thus not
copyrightable) since the changes to the original are not creative in
any manner.

Jon Noring