Re: [ARSCLIST] Somewhat off-topic: Corporate responsibility concerning product safety of old equipment.

Let me ask: What would you have done if the projector had caught fire?  Would you have considered Kodak
responsible in that case?  If it were brand new, the answer would have been obvious.  But where does the user of
equipment that is so old need to start assuming some resonsibility of his/her own?  I don't have an answer, but I
think that's the real question here.

Myself, I always assume that any device made before 1970 that has a heat source in it contains asbestos
somewhere inside, and proceed on that assumption.  Now those old floor tiles I cavalierly ripped up....

Jeff Martin
Chicago, IL