Re: [ARSCLIST] Longevity of data tape?--

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Damien Moody wrote:

> I've been looking into this issue myself, and I've come to one conclusion.
>
> Build giant pyramids - twice the size of the pyramids in Egypt, lots of
them, and hand-etch into the stone the binary code of digital A/V files.
GUARANTEED to be there 10,000 years from now, plus whatever civilization
finds them will consider us far-sighted geniuses.

Provided we also leave a bunch of "Rosetta stones" around...

Karl