Re: [ARSCLIST] turntable recommendations

Hi, Jim,

There is DJ basic turntable and arm marketed under a variety of names, some
with an added bell or whistle.  They are pretty sturdy.  Newmark and  Audio
Technica are two of the names.

They play at the three basic speeds, are variable 10%, some 20%, and do a
fine basic job.  To play 78, you push the 33 and 45 button simultaneously.
I have one my visiting customers use to try out records they are considering
purchasing.

They cost $ 200-250 new in the original box.  Look on ebay.  Type in
"turntable 33 78."  There are 8 pages of them.  Scroll down.  There is an
Audio Techica, "buy it now," for $ 219 plus shipping on page 1.  I didn't
check past this.  You'll have to obtain a 78 cartridge and stylus.

Happy listentng..ng..ng..ng.

Steve Smolian

Unlerss it ----- Original Message ----- From: "James Lindner" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 6:49 AM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] turntable recommendations

I am sort of looking for "consumer" type stuff - i.e. I don't want to take
out a mortgage to buy this - it  is really for infrequent casual use. Any
idea what the turntable costs? I appreciate you help - thanks.
jim

Jim Lindner

*
       Email: jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*
       Media Matters LLC.
*
       Address: 500 West 37th Street, 1st FL
       New York, N.Y. 10018
*
       eFax (646) 349-4475
*
       Mobile: (917) 945-2662
*
       www.media-matters.net

Media Matters LLC. is a technical consultancy specializing in archival
audio
and video material. We provide advice, analysis, and products to media
archives that apply the beneficial advances in technology to collection
management.