Re: [ARSCLIST] Longevity of data tape?--

This is an incorrect statement.  There are various backup
applications that will skip a bad block of data and continue the
restore process, as well as applications that will report on the
quality of the data archive as it is being written.  Error correction
is not a function of the data storage tape itself.

And I would never trust a data storage tape to be readable 25-30
years from now.

John
John Spencer
www.bridgemediasolutions.com