Re: [ARSCLIST] Cow Cow 's return?

In a message dated 6/8/2005 1:46:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Can new  technology allow the late great masters to perform once more?
> Play It  Again, Vladimir (via Computer)

What's new about it? I went to a Marantz studio, I believe, in  1984 with
Knocky Parker, who I was visiting with at the time, to witness a  new invention:
a computerized player piano that plays in the style of the great  jazz
pianists. We saw "the ghost" of Art Tatum perform and it was miraculous  then. I
don't recall whether or not they had the technology to have the Tatum  spectre
play something else in his style, but this was over 20 years ago.

Cary  Ginell
Origin Jazz  Library
www.originjazz.com