Re: [ARSCLIST] Cow Cow 's return?

Does anyone know any of the technical side of this. I recall having a
discussion once with John Eargle. He thought it would be possible to take
the fundamentals of each key stroke on a piano recording, measure the
relative amplitudes, adjusting for their frequency and then using that
information to create a midi file...so you could have a pianist playing on
whatever keyboard which could be controlled with the file created.
Certainly the dynamic range of the recording would be a limiting factor.
Then would Ansorge (a Liszt pupil whose rolls we are working on...who also
made disc recordings) play it the same way if he was at a Steinway, versus
a Yamaha, versus...

As for Glenn Gould without the singing...would it be Glenn Gould without
the singing?

Karl