Re: [ARSCLIST] Reel-to-reel tape recorder for auditioning archival tapes.

There are some pro machines that come up on eBay once in a while that are a
good deal if they're working. One that I am quite fond of is the Sony
APR-5000... I use them for transfers. They are gentle. If you get two, you
can swap head blocks with all settings remembered.

For auditioning, you could also do worse than a ReVox A77 or B77. I think
the Technics is probably a better machine--it is certainly newer--but I
have no complaints with the ReVoxes I've used over the years. If you're
getting an A77, get one of the later models -- not one with the brushed
aluminum lower panel.

Richard L. Hess                           email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vignettes