Re: [ARSCLIST] Ascap Goes After The Girl Scouts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Moody" <dmoody@xxxxxxx>
> Even though the article may be a little old...
>
> Ever wonder where the Taliban has fled to? Hmm.... No music for our little
boys and girls. Riiight. As if.

> Unless ASCAP leadership are truly a bunch of degenerate rats, I doubt
they'd risk the negative publicity involved in suing girl scouts (after
which they can walk around the courthouse yanking candy out of the hands of
infants). So girls, sing right on...  And grown-ups, contact your local rep
and tell them you want this nonsense the heck off our lawbooks (or modified
to leave out non-profits and young females of our nation).

> Here is a strange example of copyright law being abused.
As near as I can tell, I can no longer whistle a tune while I wait for the
bus,
unless I pick a public domain number! Even worse, I can't do the songs I
wrote myself...I gave the publishing rights to the chap who recorded the
CD, and he has registered them with SOCAN!