Re: [ARSCLIST] Cataloging sound recordings

Karl Miller wrote:
> I often wonder what other treasures are hidden out there, even in
> institutional collections. Would you like to hear Janis Joplin singing
> before her voice got raspy? Years ago I made a transfer of her
singing at a
> local club here in Austin. Her voice was pure and clear. The
recordings are
> in the University's Center for American History. As far as I know,
there is
> no bib record for those recordings.

I may be adding to your point here.  I don't know.  Some of Janis' early
Austin (and San Francisco) club recordings were released on the "Janis"
soundtrack in 1975.  I'm sure it is out-of-print now.  Could these be
part of the transfers you worked on?

This thread points out just how much material is out there; in private
and public collections; "hidden" and now out-of-print; known and unknown.

Angie Dickinson
Avocado Productions
www.avocadoproductions.com