Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio cassette woes

There are two additional ways to reduce friction in the cassette.  The first
is to loosen the screws.  This allows more play inside the cassette if there
are any pack height changes that are rubbing on the inside.

The second is to make sure the new cassette housing you use has internal
guides that spin- not set as some old guides are.  Then disassemble the
cassette and bypass the fixed plastic posts inside the cassette that are
contacting the back of the tape.  Check the tape path when all of the tape
is on one hub before playing the tape.  If the front of the tape is now
touching the plastic posts, you may have to actually remove the fixed
plastic posts on the cassette you are using to transport the cassette.

If this doesn't work, try the Last Factory Lubricant.

Peter Brothers