Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio cassette woes

Just a thought....  the tape is pushed against a felt pad inside the
shell during playback/record only but these pads can deteriorate over
time. The pads collect any deposits or muck off the back of the tape.

Are you using a new felt pad when you transfer it to a new shell?  Even
unused pads can deteriorate in storage!

All the Best
Nigel

Nigel Champion