Re: [ARSCLIST] Database template - Artist Instrumentation Project

This is an entertaining thread!

It starts out with Mona Jimenez providing a pointer to a sample template
of a musical instrument database her organization has developed, and she
suggests that perhaps this template could be a starting point for anyone
needing an AUDIO HARDWARE database.  Great idea!

However, the thread immediately digresses into a discussion of FileMaker
and audio media cataloging.  I even got caught up in the digression!

It's just when I finally went back to the original post, I realized that
the thread had absolutely nothing to do with what we've been all
discussing.

So I finally looked at Mona's database, and found that indeed it is an
interesting example for a database of audio hardware.  For our convenience,
she even provides a PDF screenshot of the database fields is provided - so
you don't even need FileMaker to check it out!

Anyway - I had a really good laugh over this thread, and thought maybe
some of you who have AUDIO HARDWARE collections might want to revisit
the original post.

Eric Jacobs
The Audio Archive