Re: [ARSCLIST] Spacers for 16" electrical transcriptions

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

----- why use spacers that touch the surface of the disc in the recorded
area?

When I buy lacquers for cutting records, the center holes are controlled by a
boss, and the lacquers are interleaved with small washers in the centre. The
rims are supported by a U-shaped profile that covers half the circumference.
That way, each lacquer is supported at the centre and the whole rim when
stacked.

I realize that once the record is cut, we know that the information is in the
groove (ha, ha), below the surface, so it is no longer so important to
protect the surface which has not turned into land. But humidity effects may
still play a role.

Kind regards,

George