[ARSCLIST] Archival Description of Sound Recordings

I'm a grad student, working on a project concerning standards for
archival description of collections of sound recordings.

I've looked at IASA, the Association of Canadian Archivists' RAD, and
have read a lot of books and articles by Smiraglia (concerning both
cataloging and archival description.) All of these standards seem valid,
but I was wondering what rules for description (if any) are followed by
people who are actually archiving sound recordings.

For those of you that have written finding aids for your sound
collections, are there any rules for the description of archives that
you follow? Or do you make up your own? And if you make up your own, do
you use some archival standard (like APPM or DACS) as a starting point?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dean Jeffrey