Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: How Long Do You Want Digital Storage Media to Last?

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx>
> In a message dated 4/1/2005 9:36:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> and have there been any
> magnetic tape formulations which appear so far to have an unlimited life?
> Steven C. Barr
> The ones that have recorded the polarity changes of the earth's magnetic
> field seem to be holding up quite well!
So, our next recording medium will be a sphere of molten iron,
protected by a non-ferrous external layer, with the total diameter
to be approximately 15,000 km.

All we have to do is to design recording and playback mechanisms
and figure out how and where to store recordings once they are
completed...
:-)