Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 inventory software?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Hlavacs" <kasia45@xxxxxxxx>
> Hello, I am a collector of 78 RPM records and also have some cylinders
> and Diamond Discs. My collection numbers in the range of a few thousand .
> My question: Is there a software program available for a home PC that
> would be useful for cataloging and inventorying my collection? I would
> like to be able to sort by artist, record and label number (i.e. Columbia
> 14423), title or by a unique inventory number given by me to that
> particular item. At present the collection is not too well organized and
> it is time consuming to locate items, and I am also starting to acquire
> duplicate items due to not realizing what I already have!  Thanks in
> advance for any suggestions.
I'm sending this to both the list and to you off-list so you can reply
directly to me.

I'm currently using MS Access (98) and an Access application I designed
myself. It isn't actually 100% finished (there are a few minor details to
be done)but it is essentially complete. If you have Access, I can send you
an empty (no datarecords/phonorecords) copy of the database as an
attachment; I can also explain a bit about how to use the various features
of Access to create querios which will allow you to sort on any field of
the data tables.

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/