Re: [ARSCLIST] .wav file content information

Richard,

Option #3 you listed would certainly require the assistance of an IT person,
but I'm not so sure that it would have to be a full-time position.

As it has been mentioned on this list before, IT skills will become somewhat
of a necessary fact of life in a digital archive.

Regarding multiple tracks in BWF, we made the decision within the NARAS P&E
Wing Committee to use the "1 track = 1 audio file" for both simplicity and
the knowledge that we couldn't control how various software platforms handle
multiple tracks within a single BWF.  Kind of an "analog" comparison I
guess.  The EBU does have a document regarding multichannel audio files
(R111-2004).

Interchange is a BIG issue and probably will be for a while.

--
John Spencer
http://www.bridgemediasolutions.com/