[ARSCLIST] .wav file content information

Hello all,

I will soon begin storing .wav or .bwf files.  For those of you working with electronic file formats, how much content related info can be attached to a file?  For example, I often work with recordings of hour long events that have numerous different things happening in them, lectures, music, etc.  Ideally I would like to store information in the files metadata about each of those different things.  Is this possible?  Or, can I only name the overall file and additional content related info will have to be kept separate from the file itself?

Thank you,

Kevin Irelan