Re: [ARSCLIST] Held messages

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

with further apologies for trying to learn the finesses of using lists;
however Mike Richter Wrote

> With apologies for spending another of our limited posts on this
> administrative matter:
>
> Almost certainly, it did not "bounce" - i.e., it was not returned. Instead, a
> notice was provided that the list was held (exceeded its limit). The confusion
> is understandable; I do not recall seeing a paragraph in the notice to the
> effect that no action was needed and that the message would be sent when the
> list was released.

----- now, that obviously provokes me to send you all the message I received,
so that you will recognize it if it ever happens to you in the future:

"       From:   "L-Soft list server at Library of Congress (1.8e)" <LISTSERV@xxxxxxx>
        To:     pattac@xxxxxxxx
        Subject:        Message ("The distribution of your message dated Fri, 25...")
        Date sent:      Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:49:01 -0500

The distribution of your message dated Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:48:59 +0100 with
subject "A scenario  for bequests" has been postponed  because the ARSCLIST
list  is  held. No  action  is  required from  you;  your  message will  be
reprocessed automatically once the list owner releases the list."

----- now, I am only a member of a few lists, so I can afford to read
everything not perceived at a "Subject" and "From" level as spam. So I did
read the above and did not act. How many lists do you subscribe to (oh, a
poll)?

Kind regards

George