Re: [ARSCLIST] Does anyone fix broken records?

Perhaps someone might have a suggestion for recovering
the music from a 12" glass-based 78 rpm acetate? It is
so thin and relatively heavy that I can't imagine that
it could be mended permanently.

My thought had been to take two slightly larger discs,
one hard and the other pasteboard, cut out a 12" hole
in the middle of the pasteboard one where the acetate
would fit in and a spindle hole in the harder disc,
glue the two together, and put the (fortunately only
two) pieces of the broken acetate in the open space,
perhaps with something sticky where the label is.
Record it. Flip the pieces over, repeat, and then have
a shot of gin.

It would take a lot of effort, so can anyone report
any luck attempting something like this so I can gage
whether it's worth trying, or better yet, does anyone
know a better solution?

Jerry Young