From: IASA-list [mailto:IASALIST@xxxxx]On Behalf Of Joe Zajonc
Sent: dinsdag 15 februari 2005 18:52
To: IASALIST@xxxxx
Subject: Re: sticky cassettes

A couple more questions.
1. how long to replace shell and working of cassette.
I am guessing 10 minutes once practiced.

2. do you have a good way to estimate time/budget for archiving?
My working method is:

hours of tape
+
half that time for creating CD-Rs at x2 burn speed
+
Creation of access copies
*
Multiplied by hourly wage.
+
a guess at any restoration of cassettes
+
cataloging
+
materials (hard drive, CD-Rs, replacement cassette parts)