Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for Otari reel to reel

Hello Peter,

I found these two reel to reel 1/4" decks by searching using Google (you
might be able to find more using the same):

Teac      A6100      Tape deck 1/2trk      Mint+      $750
Teac     A7010GSL     Tape deck     Mint+     $950

I have one of the A6100's and can say it is and excellent deck and I
think I read that this transport was the predecessor of the Tascam
multitrack if I'm not mistaken.  Teac calls it "Master Recorder", so
mastering (not mention playback) is excellent.  It has four heads: two
and four track playback heads and two track record and erase heads.  It
handles 7 & 10 1/2' reels and runs at 7 1/2 and 15IPS.

This is the web site I pulled up:
http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/non_mac_for_sale.htm

From the web page:

All items are warranted  for 30 to 90 days depending upon make and model.
< This warranty is for North American sales only. >

They're in Tennessee and specialize in Macintosh audio equipment. This is their home web page: http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/

Happy Hunting!!

Rod Stephens
Family Theater Productions

Richard L. Hess wrote:

Hi, Peter,

B&H Photo is listing a Tascam BR20 still, though it is no longer
listed on
the Tascam Web site (at least the last time I checked about a month ago).
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=75945&is=REG

It's the only open reel machine that they show.

I think some of the Toronto vendors of Studer will sell you a machine
with
a reasonable guarantee. They are on eBay as NeverBetterDeals and Filmco.
Talk to them.

I thought some version of the Otari 5050 was still in production. It is
still shown on the Otari Web site
http://www.otari.com/product/audio/mx_5050b/index.html

I think these are, more-or-less, your best choices.

You need to know whether these tapes are quarter-track or two-track
and the
speed ranges.

If you need to know more about track formats, I have info on my Web
site at
http://www.richardhess.com/tape/tips.htm

Cheers,

Richard