Re: [ARSCLIST] Small sound booth for transfers and restoration

I have a great appreciation for the Shure E5c's. They're a canal-phone, thus
they provide an immense amount of isolation. They're very neutral sounding,
have good bass and most importantly block out external distractions. The
Etymotic ER4 are also excellent canal-phones but aren't quite as
comfortable. Best results with those are achieved with custom earmolds. I
have both and find the Etys to be more revealing but quite dry. This,
perhaps, is more desirable. The Etys also aren't as user friendly and for
hour after hour listening can irritate the ear canal whereas I've had no
such problems with the Shure 'phones. I prefer canal-phones due to their
isolation properties... They block out a large amount of atmospheric noise.