From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 2:38 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Opinions: Casio CW-50 family of thermal transfer CD
label printers???

At 12:18 AM 2/2/2005 -0500, Jeff Brown wrote:
A month ago I was considering buying one of these but an hour
Googling around the net turned up so many negative comments
my enthusiasm waned.

Instead, you might want to look into an Epson Stylus R200 (I think
that's the right number) which has a built in feed mechanism for
handling printable CDs.  It's only a few bucks more than the Casio
and you end up with a full function color printer, rather than a
one trick wonder gizmo.

Jeff

Critically, the Epson is not a thermal printer. It requires discs with printable surface and there are problems with ink smearing. It is less expensive to buy and to use, it has other purposes (obviously), but is not in the same league.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/