Subject: sound recording
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:37:55 -0600
From: Mark Foster <markfoster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pfwells@xxxxxxxx

Hello,

I was referred to your collection by the Library of Congress.  I am a
doctoral student at the University of Alabama and am writing a
dissertation on Fred L. Grambs who was an early band director in
Birmingham, Alabama during the late 19th century.  His band, The
Grambs' Military Band, made a recording during the mid-1890's with the
Alabama Phonograph and Graphophone Company.  I am curious to see if you
have this recording in your collections.

Any help you could provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Foster
7350 Roper Tunnel Road
Trussville, AL  35173