[ARSCLIST] audio mag tape 2"-1"-1/2"-1/4" available

I am currently researching about the European production and delivery situation for prof. audio mag tape (2"-1"-1/2"-1/4") and I received news today that the remaining assets of EMTEC, Germany (formerly BASF Magnetics) have been bought and secured by a company which will announce the deal with now-insolvent EMTEC later next week.

So if anybody in need for "fresh" 2"-1"-1/2"-1/4" audio studio mag tape from EMTEC please contact former EMTEC exec. Jürgen Heimbach

by email jheimbach@xxxxxx

(his cell phone nr. +49.172.567 82 11)

He promised me to redirect incoming inquiries to the company who has bought the remaining assets on a first come first serve basis.

Rumours are still ongoing that the Dutch company MPO B.V. in Oosterhout (which bought some of the hardware manufacturing assets of the EMTEC/AGFA mag tape manufacturing site in Munich) will not only continue to produce magnetic tape for the compact audio cassette but has also plans to start production in other mag tape gauges for studio and mastering purposes. But access to chemicals seems to be the current issue. So if there is somebody out there who could help with chemical resources for prof. audio manufactuaring, I am sure this would help the current situation regarding to help continue prof. audio magnetic tape.

MPO's web site: www.mpobv.nl

Hope this info helps some people urgently in need for mag tape.

If anybody do know about the current situation about mag film (perforated magnetic polyester film in 16, 17.5, 35 mm gauges), please let me/us know.

bye
Joachim Polzer
www.polzer.org