Re: [ARSCLIST] Compression (was Re: [ARSCLIST] A fundamental Flaw ...)

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

In the good old days, a nifty volume expansion could be obtained by placing a
low-voltage bulb of suitable voltage and wattage (indicative of both its hot
and cold resistance) in parallel across the speaker terminals (or the
amplifier). On high level, the voltage was high, the lamp lit, its resistance
soared, and there was more power to the speaker. Also, there was a nice time
constant to its functioning. Alas, using LED's just does not seem to work the
same!

Kind regards,

George